The Fairfax County Park Authority in May published their needs assessment final report, an analysis begun in 2014. It recommends capital investments in the park system based on data “that the Park Authority will continue using for years to come,” said the FCPA release.
You can find it at Parks Count! Better Parks for Better Living. The report compiles information gathered and analyzed during the two-year process, including:
- RECenter facility assessment findings
- Natural and cultural cost assessment findings
- A summary of need survey results
- Need analysis and service level recommendations
- Consultant recommendations for future planning
- Capital improvement framework to guide investments for the next ten years
For more information, visit Parks Count online at Parks Count! Better Parks for Better Living, or send a note to Parkmail@fairfaxcounty.gov or call 703-324-8662.