Be sure to sign up soon at the registration site for our advocacy training workshop on March 18, 2017, 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. at Green Spring Gardens in the Annandale area near route 236 and the Beltway. See directions below. Registration starts at 1 p.m.
Elected officials and experienced advocates will examine topics like how to get involved; how elected make decisions; how to have effective meetings with government officials; how to build a relationship with an elected official; which level of government does what; and Northern Virginia advocacy success stories.
- Audubon Society of Northern Virginia
- Sierra Club/Mount Vernon Group
- Sierra Club/Great Falls Group
- Prince William Conservation Alliance
- Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment
- Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy
- Audubon Naturalist Society
- Virginia Native Plant Society, Potowmack Chapter
- Northern Virginia Conservation Trust
For information: contact Stacey Evers.
Directions: 4603 Green Spring Road, Alexandria, VA 22312 (just off route 236 in the Annandale area and near I-395 and the Beltway/I-95/495). Additional information at the Green Spring Gardens website.
Do not use the above address with your GPS. Instead, to get to the entrance, use GPS to locate the intersection of Braddock Road and Witch Hazel Road 22312. Fairfax Connector bus (website here), bus lines 401 and 402.