Here’s an opportunity to learn more about trees, an event cosponsored by ASNV – the Braddock District Tree Forum, March 7, 2018, 7:30-9:30 p.m., Kings Park Library conference room, 9000 Burke Lake Road, Burke, VA 22015-1683; firstname.lastname@example.org
ASNVers may get some tips on how to advocate for stronger tree policies.
- Introduction: Patrick Gooley, Legislative Assistant for Braddock Supervisor John C. Cook; and Jeanne Kadet, Braddock District Tree Commissioner
- The Benefits of Trees - Jim McGlone, Urban Forest Conservationist, Virginia Department of Forestry
- Braddock’s Trees and Urban Forest: Current Issues - Keith Cline, Director, Fairfax County Urban Forest Management Division
- What's Bugging Our Urban Forest? Pests and Diseases Affecting Our Trees - Joan Allen and Rachel Griesmer-Zakhar, Fairfax County Urban Forest Management Division
- Great Native Trees for Homeowners - Alan Ford, President, Potowmack Chapter of the Virginia Native Plant Society
You can learn more about the Fairfax County Tree Commission and county resources here.
Supporters: Fairfax County Tree Commission, Braddock District Supervisor John Cook, Fairfax County Urban Forest Management Division, Virginia Cooperative Extension, Virginia Native Plant Society, Plant Nova Natives, Earth Sangha, Audubon Society of Northern Virginia